I’m headed out to the airport in a few hours on my way to Tampa for General Conference.
Things on my heart as I journey:
– Following a lively discussion at my church yesterday, I’m even more interested to follow the petition to divest United Methodist funds from Caterpillar, Motorola, and Hewlett Packard in opposition to their roles in the Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands. It may change some in committee, but I’m hoping for an action that will help us literally put our money where we say our hearts are.
– Praying for a fully inclusive church. Although I’m not going to go all out and say that this is the year when we will strike down the “incompatibility” clause, grace abounds, God works in mysterious ways, and every step is another bend in that long, long arc of the universe.
– Praying that we can do no harm to women wrestling with life’s most challenging situations.
– Feeling broken about the state of our church, and the pressure to restructure as a response in fear. May we be motivated by hope and trust, not anxiety.
– Missing my kids before I even leave.
Justice and Joy! See you in Tampa.